Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend= 6.5 hours of sleep!

After a rather long week at school, Friday finally rolled around. And, I can't tell you how ready I was for it. Friday actually ended up seeming like the whole day passed in slow motion, though, because we had career day. Not that CD was interesting, it really was, but there were 10 sessions and each one was 30 min. long. It just made it seem like we were there FOREVER. But, this seemingly slow week was most likely in part due to my anticipation for the planned, fun-filled weekend I had been looking forward to all week long.

The weekend kicked off with a.......
!!!SLUMBER PARTY!!!
Seriously, I do not even remember the last time I had a slumber party, but my friends and I decided we were in dire need of one. There were five of us; Kayla Sumsion , Daisha Dearden, ME, Neshia Lovell, and Briana Lovell. It was so much fun. Kayla and Daisha were a little delayed but Nesh, Bri, and I were ready to go at 8 o' clock sharp! We spent the night at the Lovell's and the night was just stuffed with girl talk, chick flicks, junk food, prank supplies, and......................NO SLEEPING!

Movies:

1. P.S. I love you (personal favorite!)
2. The Wedding Date

3. The Holiday (fabulous)

Junk Food:

1. First, to energize ourselves for the all nighter we were about to pull- Nos (CAUTION), an energy drink that is not even that repulsive. However, unless necessary, I would not reccommend trying it ;).

2. Home-made caramel corn! Simply delicous- thanks Nadeen!
3. PB M&M's - only the best!
4. Double Stuffed Oreos (with milk of course!)
5. PB twix- this was an experiment... and they were gross. I prefer the reg. and if you haven't ever had them, I would not suggest trying them. The temptation is not worth it, haha.
6. Candy Bars of various flavors and descriptions
7. Jerky - not exactly junk food. =D Bri just has random cravings for meat late at night- strange right?
8. Gummy Life Savers- this one goes out to my buddy LeAnn Quinlan- seriously got me addicted to these things.
9. Sour Patch Kids- typical.
10. Don't worry we all got sick after this.... Just kidding. Although, now that I have it all listed out like this I don't know how we didn't. Oh, the things young bodies can handle- Jeez!
This is what Kayla and Nesh look like after a swig of NOS!

Girl Talk:
1. Well, we all know that's confidential ;)!

Are you
curious

yet
???

Prank Supplies:

1. Toilet Paper- and a lot of it.


um, yeah... I think I had just had some NOS ? haha
2. Cell phones are always an invitation for prank calling- especially when you're new in town and no one has your # ;)

Around 5 a.m. we all decided it was about time to take a little bit of a nap. So, we slept for 2 hours and woke up at 7 to eat the traditional Saturday morning breakfast at the Lovell's,which is poppy seed pancakes with buttermilk syrup~ Sooooo delicious! After we'd eaten we decided to continue our movie marathon and watched The Holiday. We decided to do each other's nails in preparation for prom that evening too. Oh, did I forget to mention we had another late night directly ahead of us??

That's right.... PROM.
*~PROM~*
As most of you know, my last blog was about being asked to prom. So Here is the follow up!

First let's establish some things here.
1. I have at this point (Saturday morning) been awake for 28 hours straight (minus 2 for the nap from 5 am- 7am).
2. I arrive home at 12 in the afternoon.
3. I don't take a nap.
4. I just shower and chill for a little bit before I start getting ready around 1 pm.
5. The prom is tonight.
6. I am suffering from sugar hangover.
7. Yes, I'm still "recovering" from knee surgery.
Before:
After:
I love getting all dolled up!
=D.
After I was done getting ready, I went over to Neshia's house. We just did casual dress for our dinner- the boys came and picked us up at five. They were perfect gentlemen- opening doors and pulling out our chairs for us. We went to this adorable little restaurant with beautiful woodwoork inside. I can't remember the name of the place at the moment- sorry! Ah. But, it was delicious. We sat by a cozy little fire and ate delicious ribeye steaks with steamed veggies, dinner rolls, and baked potatoes! It was really fun, and we definitely got filled up- I think half of my food was still left over when I was done eating (but maybe that's also because Nesh and I were still filled with all of the sweets we had been eating all night long;) }. After dinner, the boys dropped us off at Neshia's house where and we got our dresses on for pictures. After we had taken some with Josey and Jill we changed back into our casual dress and kind of just hung out...meaning, we watched the Disney movie The Little Mermaid =). Then a little before 9 we got back into our dresses and waited for our dates to show up at Neshia's for more pictures. The guys were running a little late- backwards right? haha- but they did get there a little after nine.

The next 45min. was a complete rush. Our planning to be fashionably late almost led to being too late to get in, and Taylor and I were both up for prom royalty and had to be there at 10 anyways which almost didn't happen! But, thanks speedy driving and efficient picture-taking (kind of) we made it to the dance with time to spare! 9:50 to be exact.
Daisha, ME, and Nesh before our dinners.
Charlie's Angels ;).
The Girlies.
And again...
Before:
After:
I love them!

a lot. So pretty! This
+ this...

= us being us.
Then, Daisha and Bri left with their dates to the dance- they weren't all that concerned about being "fashionably late".... to be honest neither were we, but our dates were running a little later than fashionably late.
But they did show up =).
And they were lookin' good ;) !!
and luckily we made it on time to walk for coronation because.....

Taylor was crowned PRINCE!!! That a kid. Daisha got princess, too! She's just too cute! I was so happy for both of them =).

The dance was pretty fun. We had it in the new Event Center which is absolutely beautiful, and that was pretty cool. There was also a high school band that played live at random points throughout the evening! I had fun. It's sad that my last prom ever is over! But I'm glad I had fun.
So, this is us being dead after the dance. I think we are pushing like 42 hours of being awake at this point!!! We are rockstars. But we definitely weren't finished for the night! WE still had about 3 more hours to go! PARTY AT NATHAN'S!!!WOOHOO.

Kolby is extremely ticklish! (<-spelling?) AMY and ME.

Love this girl. She is hilarious.

Breakfast at 2!!! Kolby and Nathan's moms made the most delicious breakfast ever! Mmmm. Even thinking about it right now is making my mouth water. They mad mini-pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, sausage, scrambled eggs w/ cheese, and then there were drink options galore!! And, of course I went with the good ol' O.J. =D.

The night was filled with games, laughing, wii, and snacks. I loved every minute of it. To be honest, this was probably my favorite part of the whole prom event. I have to say that since Neshia, Kayla, and I had all been up approx. 48 hours we were completely delirious and that is the explanation for many of the random pics of us, haha. We laughed so much. My abs were sore this morning when I woke up- I'm not exaggerating.





Do you see what I mean??
Maybe you had to be there to realize just how hilarious these pictures are, but I think you can probably get the gist.

So....we got home around 3:30 and I was so tired I don't even remember drifting off to sleep. As soon as I hit my bed, I was out! Then, it was Sunday morning! So a good 5 hours of sleep did me some good.
Well.. ya know, other than my eyes being a little droopy! haha.
We had all decided we were going to wear our prom dresses to church, and since it was stake conference we all got to sit by each other in church in our pretty dresses! It was such a cute idea- I didn't know girls did that. But, apparently here the girls always wear their prom dresses to church the next day. It was just extra awesome because it was stake conference- our regular church building that our ward is in is the actual stake center. I can't tell you how nice it was not to have to get up early and travel this morning! Oh man, haha. Anyways, we got some pics!

And now it is 10:20 pm on Sunday night. I really should be getting to bed.
Wait......
........
How many hours have I been awake now???
;)

3 comments:

  1. Arielle! I loved the last update...looks like you have such a fun group of friends. I'm so happy your having fun and getting to do all these fun things your senior year! You and all your friends look gorgeous! So much fun. All the schools around here were having prom yesterday and we had 39 updo's to do. Was a crazy day but it made me want to go to prom again! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i loved reading that!!!
    i know we say this like every time we talk, but this summer, SERIOUSLY, all 5 girlie cousins slumber party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a fun time. And you looked so beautiful! I just have to disagree with one thing...I really love PB Twix's! But I think I'm the only one because Josey doesn't like them either.

    ReplyDelete