Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yes, I am taking on Wyoming!

These are a couple of the awesome girls here. Jill on the left and Neisha on the right. They are so much fun! I'm planning on making a road trip to regional basketball tournaments with Jill this upcoming weekend. (pictures included!)After weeks of me endlessly kissing this adorable little boy, he has informed his mother that he does not like my kisses because they are "sweaty" haha. If you know me at all you know that I always have some form of lip gloss or chapstick on, hence his assertion that my lips are always "sweaty".

Well, as most of you know I have decided to finish my senior year of high school in Kemmerer,Wyoming. I have been here for about a month soaking up the smiles of a 2 and 4 year old, meeting new people, and getting familiar with being away from 'home'. I feel like an adventurous little girl. It seems there is so much going on in my life right now that I thought I should keep everyone posted, but it gets crazy trying to stay in touch with everyone. So, I have started this blog and I hope that it doesn't bore you all =).

The biggest news was highlighted in my first sentence. Yes, I am a temporary resident of Wyoming and I am having a blast! I'm meeting some awesome people here and I just love being in a new place. Let me tell you, it has definitely put off the "senioritis". On the flip side of this exciting news is some not so exciting news. After a number of doctor appointments, it has been confirmed that I did tear my ACL(in my right knee). I am planning on having surgery at the end of march, just before our spring break here, so that I don't miss so much school. I'm really nervous about it! I have never had to have surgery of any kind so i guess it will be some sort of adventure?. In the mean time, I've been biking and swimming and lifting like a crazy woman in order to strengthen my knee before the surgery. I have also received my acceptance letter from BYU!!! It was such a relief to receive an acceptance letter. I also just found out that I have been accepted to Utah State as well. I feel much more secure about my future now, knowing that I have a few options and am not waiting on any more acceptance letters!

P.S. This is all still new to me! I meant to have the pictures come after the body. Oops!






No comments:

Post a Comment